LIVE ONLINE COURSE
EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
DAVID SLOCUM, PHD ACADEMIC DIRECTOR
AND PROGRAM ADVISER
LIVE ONLINE COURSE WITH GOOGLE PROGRAM ADVISER
11 APRIL 2023 - 16 MAY 2023
TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS
7 pm CET
Leadership is not something that is learned once and for all. It is an everyday, dynamic practice, a specific way of thinking, adapted to the team and its environment.Google's Academic Director and Program Adviser, David Slocum, PhD, invites you to join his course and develop an empowering leadership style in just 6 weeks. Create a well-structured leadership development plan and find out how to lead change, drive innovation within the company and find the everyday balance between tactical concerns, strategic thinking and acting.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
You are already there, but you want to become even better and dive deep into the nuances of emotional Intelligence, agility and better decision making.
You are looking for your own leadership style, want to use your influence more effectively, and create inclusive cultures of development and growth in your companies.
ELEVATE YOUR LEADERSHIP IMPACT
Take a holistic approach to self-improvement as a leader while simultaneously innovating your business. Use cognitive insights, tools and techniques to help you better understand local and global market trends, and to track and make strategic decisions.
LIVE ONLINE LEARNING
Instead of pre-recorded videos you'll engage directly with the course instructor and your peers during live lessons and workshops.
Chat with David - Google's Program Adviser - and get direct input from an industry leader on all your assignments.
ABOUT THE COURSE
LEADERSHIP AS A SYSTEM
Train yourself to think as a leader. Train yourself to think as a leader. You will map your individual life and, from now on, understand leadership as an everyday, dynamic practise.
RE-EVALUATE YOUR LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Recognise your blind spots and boost your team's confidence through your own. You will navigate the power paradox and learn to use your influence more effectively.
Build multicultural teams with clear roles and responsibilities to prepare your organization for the future and accelerate growth. Mentor others and provide feedback to encourage personal growth and development.
- Academic Director and Program Adviser at Google where David provides thought leadership and academic support to improve Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in the creative, design, media, and technology industries.
- Co-founded On Global Leadership, an international leadership education, research, and advisory firm launched in the U.S., Europe, and China in 2020.
- The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity Ambassador 2022.
- Certified leadership coach since 2009, working with executives and business owners in Europe, MENA, and the Americas in industries ranging from marketing, media and Big Tech to business intelligence and strategic consulting.
- Professor of Practice at the Thunderbird School of Global Management (Arizona State University, USA) since 2021 and Professor of Creative Leadership and Academic Adviser at the Berlin School of Creative Leadership (Steinbeis University, Germany).
- Consulted leaders and corporate clients in over 20 countries. Among the organizations he worked with: Adobe, Boeing, Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity (Ascential), Facebook, Google, Grupo Padrao, McDonalds, Middle Eastern Broadcasting Network (MBC), SABIC, UNESCO, Unilever, and the US Departments of State and Defense.
TUESDAY 11 April, 7 pm CET
Introduction to Systems Thinking and Situational Leadership
Learn to embrace Executive Leadership as a dynamic practice
- Approaching Your Leadership as a System
- Engaging Relationships, Interactions, and Situations
- Focusing Your Awareness
- Creating an Ongoing Practice of Leadership
Assignment # 1: Read Pre-Course Readings.
THURSDAY 13 April, 7 pm CET
Self-Leadership: Character, Strengths, and Styles
Learn to leverage individual reflection, strengths, and styles for more effective leadership
- Unleashing the Power of Reflection
- Authenticity and Character
- Building on Your Personal Leadership Strengths and Styles (Part 1)
- Design Thinking for the Self
Assignment # 2: Your Self-Leadership Profile
TUESDAY 18 April, 7 pm CET
Self-Leadership: Tools for Thinking, Deciding, and Acting
You will expand self-knowledge for better decision-making and action-taking
- Emotional Intelligence and Agility
- Identifying Your Blind Spots
- Tools for Managing Time and Attention
- Toward Better Decision-Making
THURSDAY 20 April, 7 pm CET
Leading Others: Power and Influence
Learn to navigate the paradox of power and influence in leading others
- Leadership Styles (Part 2): Authority and Others
- Navigating the Power Paradox
- Approaches for Using Your Influence More Effectively
- Fostering Psychological Safety and Trust
Assignment # 3: Learning Culture Builder
TUESDAY 25 April, 7 pm CET
Leading Others: Feedback and Mentoring
Learn to empower others and create high-performance cultures
- Coaching and Mentoring for Peak Performance
- Addressing DEI Issues Appropriately and Effectively
- Giving and Receiving Better Feedback
- Creating Inclusive Cultures of Learning and Growth
THURSDAY 27 April, 7 pm CET
Learn how to lead in 21st century situations
- Determining What Matters – and What Doesn’t
- Execution: Thinking Big, Starting Small, Reframing Possibilities, Testing and Learning, Fixing and Scaling Fast
- Metrics: Measuring Progress and Communicating Success
- Empowerment and Belonging Through Communication
TUESDAY 2 May, 7 pm CET
Teams, Organizations, and Networks: Architecting and Culture-building
- Building and Motivating Cross-Functional, Diverse, and Global Teams
- Defining Impact, Clarifying Roles, and Delegating Responsibilities
- Designing Organizational Structures and Culture, Operations, and Initiatives
- Managing Information, Knowledge, and Wisdom
Assignment # 4: Self assessment: From Making Sense of Your Situation to Better Decision-making
THURSDAY 4 May, 7 pm CET
Teams, Organizations, and Networks: Creativity and Innovation
Learn to craft creative collectives
- The Art and Practice of Leading Innovation
- Unleashing Diverse Creative Explorers
- Driving Change and Preparing the Organization for the Future
- Quickening the Pace of Innovation and Producing Ingenious Solutions
Assignment # 5: Leading Organizational Innovation Audit
TUESDAY 9 May, 7 pm CET
Market, Social, and Environmental Leadership: Tensions and Complexity
Learn to adopt both/and leadership in a complex world
- Beyond VUCA: Navigating Dynamic Macro-Environments
- Aligning Internal and External Priorities
- Managing Organizational Diversity, Tensions, and Paradoxes
- Ambidextrous Leadership
Assignment # 6: Scenario Planning for Good
THURSDAY 11 May, 7 pm CET
Market, Social, and Environmental Leadership: Vision and Intention
Know how to lead change at scale with vision and agility
- Defining Your Vision and Communicating It Throughout the Organization
- Tools to Assess the Business Impact of Global Trends
- Building a Fearless Organization
- Embracing Agile and Adaptive Leadership
TUESDAY 16 May, 7 pm CET
Executive Leadership as an Everyday Practice
Learn how to build an impactful and lasting leadership practice
- Systems, Situations, and Strategy in Today’s World
- Forging the Future with Relevant Leadership
- Leadership as Learning (and Unlearning)
- Your Practice of Executive Leadership
Assignment # 7: Your Leadership and Learning Development Plan