ÉLŐ, ONLINE KURZUS
GERRY RANDOLPH GLOBAL MARKETING LEAD,
LIVE ONLINE COURSE WITH GLOBAL MARKETING LEAD AT SPOTIFY
NOV 1 2022 - DEC 13 2022
TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS
6 PM CET
Are brands born fully formed? Or are they methodically created and refined?
Gerry Randolph helps growth companies answer that question every day with cohesive, values-driven brand strategies. Now, he's sharing his playbook with you.
Craft your own distinct brand strategy from scratch and apply the principles at work behind brands like Spotify, ASOS, and Oakley in this live branding boot camp.
DO YOU SEE YOURSELF BELOW? THEN THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU.
Learn how to brand your product so it reaches the right audience and sells well. Start building your brand book and explore paths for campaign development.
Find your differentiator. Learn how to create the perception you want with intentional messaging, visuals, and campaigns.
ESTABLISHED BUSINESS OWNERS
Refine your brand strategy over a course-long project. You'll learn how to communicate across functions and accurately track brand performance as you grow.
ASPIRING BRAND MANAGERS
Get hands-on training in techniques used by the world's most relevant brands. You'll build hard skills to define, plan, and measure impactful brand campaigns.
PREPARE TO ACCELERATE
Put best practices into action as you workshop your own brand identity and campaign. You'll see how branding concepts work in the real world through examples, case studies, and a course-long project that brings it all home to your corporate or personal brand.
Instead of pre-recorded videos, you'll engage with Spotify's Global Marketing Lead in live lessons and workshops. Chat with Gerry and your peers in office hours, and get direct input from an industry leader on all your assignments.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Distill your brand personality. Create a brand book and messaging guidelines to define the brand approach that will advance your business goals.
Bring clarity to your communication strategy. Gerry will teach you how to design, plan, and execute strategy across multiple touchpoints and stages.
Identify the roadblocks and plan for success. You'll learn how high-performance and turnaround companies use branding as a differentiator to drive business results.
- Brings music lovers from 170+ countries a consistent brand experience as Spotify’s Global Marketing Lead
- Has over a decade of experience leading the branding and marketing teams behind global brands and high-performance startups
- Overhauled ASOS’ brand experience for the US, revamping the company's editorial, CRM, marketing, partnerships, social, and influencer strategies
- Built and executed robust user acquisition campaigns for the #1 fantasy sports website Yahoo! Fantasy Sports
- Avid world traveler, logging trips to 55 countries and counting
TUESDAY (2022.11.01) 18:00
What Is a Brand?
- What defines a brand?
- The story of branding
- Types of brands: Corporate, personal, product, and service
- How does a strong brand help your business win?
- Case studies: Coke, Nike, Glossier, and Oatly
THURSDAY (2022.11.03) 18:00
- Mission and vision
- Brand architecture and portfolio
- Core identity vs. extended identity
- Housing USP and products under one brand identity
- How you see your brand and how your audience sees you
- What to pay attention to in your competition
TUESDAY (2022.11.08) 18:00
Building Brand Guidelines
- Getting your audience right
- Positioning, cultural references, and brand personification
- How to make a mood board
- Making your brand human
- Tone of voice and messaging guidelines
- Translating brand personality for different touchpoints
THURSDAY (2022.11.10) 18:00
Workshop #1: The Brand Book
- 5 basic types of logos: Wordmark, lettermark, brandmark, combination, and emblem
- How to choose font, colors, and name
- Case study: Uber's brand book
TUESDAY (2022.11.15) 18:00
Barriers to Brand Development
- Location and targeting
- Brand investment
THURSDAY (2022.11.17) 18:00
Building Trust with the Customer
- The importance of a good first impression
- 3 cornerstones of pre-purchase brand engagement
- Purchase and competition
- Post-purchase engagement and customer care
TUESDAY (2022.11.22) 18:00
- Digital advertising: native, programmatic, editorial
- Traditional media: TV, out-of-home, in-store purchase
- Social media: organic, paid, influencer marketing
TUESDAY (2022.11.29) 18:00
Brand Marketing vs. Performance Marketing
- Brand marketing
- Performance marketing
- Messaging and visual guidelines in brand vs. performance
- Choosing the right channels
- Aligning objectives, strategies, and actions
THURSDAY (2022.12.01) 18:00
Brand Metrics and Returns
- Setting KPIs at the start of campaigns
- Awareness, consideration, and engagement
- How do these differ from channel metrics?
- What do campaign results look like?
- Case study: ASOS brand dashboard
TUESDAY (2022.12.06) 18:00
Workshop #2: Cross-Functional Collaboration and Campaign Development
- Workshop: Spotify Duo Valentine’s Day campaign
- What goes in your campaign brief?
- Roles and responsibilities: Product, creative, PR, media, and social
THURSDAY (2022.12.08) 18:00
Trends Worth Noting in Brand Marketing + Wrap Up
- 3 trends that are here to stay
- Wrap-up: Putting everything together
TUESDAY (2022.12.13) 18:00
- What it takes to be a marketing all-star
- Tips on building your resume
- How to prepare for a marketing interview
- How to stand out in your new company, team, and role when you land your first marketing job
- Get out, be famous